Wednesday, 2 May 2007

This is Anfield

No words can portray these stupendous emotions in me after watching the reds knock out Mourinho and Co. out of the Champions League. After all the hype fashioned by Mourinho, it is such a pleasure seeing my beloved red army will create their way to Athens. ‘The Special One’ is not so special after all. They slipped the Champions League final and most likely handing over the Premiership title to Manchester United. I just can’t stop smiling and I’m pretty sure fellow Kop at Anfield share the same with me. This win specially dedicated to you Mr. Jose ‘No Pride’ Mourinho, because the red’s ‘special one’ has silent you. We are the 12th men! Borrowing Mr. Mourinho quote, “I’m not interested in what everybody says. Moreover, for now obviously I’m not interested at all what you will say Mr. Mourinho."



I never felt this tense when the match started. Even SPM did not make me this nervous. My heart was pounding at top speed. Again, Bolo Zenden started, and it worries me a lot! I don’t want to say this, but at this particular time, thank you Zenden for converting the first penalty! We started the game brightly. We were in control in the first half. The first goal was a good set piece. I wanted to scream out loud, but considering it’s 3++ o’clock in the morning Malaysia time and I’m living in apartment, I kept the loudness in me. The atmosphere was electric at Anfield! It made more difficult for Chelsea. Although Drogba the ‘Drama Queen’ does have a chance to level the game, Pepe Reina made a great safe and kept our hope alive. Drogba is good player, strong in the air. I noticed that most of the time he won most of the header. Yet again, he is such a ‘Drama Queen’. He acts a lot, and that made him the player that I hated the most! For a second time, “I’m not interested in what everybody says and what everybody think!”



In second half, Chelsea starting to put pressure on Liverpool. They started to share the possession. Couple of times they almost manage to draw level and ahead on aggregate. Liverpool had two great chances. Crouch with his header and Kuyt hitting the post. We should end the game with those chances. Kuyt eventually score in the last 10 minutes of the game, but it was rule out because he was offside. The match ended 1-0 in the 90 minutes but level in aggregate. In extra time the aggregate is still level. The match goes to penalty! My heart keeps on pounding even faster. I did not like this feeling. Seeing Zenden to take the first kick scared me to hell! Anyhow, he did convert the spot kick. Thank you Zenden, but still, please go in the summer! Haha! Thank you also goes to Robben and Geremi for sending your team out of the competition. However, it is Pepe Reina the man we should be thankful! He was brilliant in the game even more was the hero of the night with the two marvelous safe in the penalty shoot-out.


Athens here we come! Notes to Mr. Mourinho, This is Anfield! You are not that special after all! You can’t even match the red’s 'special one'! To Liverpool, You’ll Never Walk Alone! Bring it on Athens!!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails