Saturday, 12 May 2007

Lucas vs Alonso


Liverpool is set to sign Brazilian midfielder Lucas Leiva from Gremio, manager Rafael Benitez has confirmed. 20-year old midfielder will join the Reds at the start of next season after Benitez beat a host of European clubs for his signature.


I have high regards for the young lad. I am thrilled to see Lucas sign for Liverpool. He’ll be putting pressure for Xabi, Sissoko and Mascherano. Could this be the way out for Alonso from Liverpool? I wouldn’t mind, although I strongly believe others would not like the idea of selling Alonso. I fancy Mascherano more than Alonso. Gerrard-Mascherano is a very good combination for me. With Lucas arrival would add more dept to the central midfield. Having five central midfielders might upset Alonso the most, bearing in mind to much competition for his place. However it is a healthy competition for the team and we might see Gerrard being pushed to the right which I don’t admire the situation. Anyhow it is good move from Benitez for Lucas.


I’m hoping or I might say, we want a high profile signing for next season which we’re lacking for many years. Yes we have quantity, but quality come first. Hope that Benitez will go for quality then go for potential players.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails